CODE OF CONDUCT
Declaration of Policy
The Calming Four, Tuesday Night Swing Dance is dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and comfortable dance experience for everyone regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof); therefore all attendees, instructors, staff, and volunteers at The Calming Four, Tuesday Night Swing Dance are required to comply with the following code of conduct. The Calming Four Organizers will enforce this code during Tuesday Night Swing Dance and any other Calming Four event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everybody.
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. We expect all participants to follow the code of conduct and these rules at Tuesday Night Swing Dance and any other Calming Four event.
Please report any behavior that appears abusive, disrespectful, harassing, suspicious, or unsafe, or that makes you feel uncomfortable for any reason.
Code of Conduct
- Be nice to everyone and treat all people with respect.
- Be inclusive, invite others to dance and strive to meet new people.
- Be comfortable saying “no” and turning down a dance; you are not obligated to dance with anyone.
- Be polite if turning down a dance and honor a promise to dance later on.
- Be gracious if someone turns you down for a dance. There are plenty of other people to dance with.
- Be responsible for your own physical safety and the safety of others. Always be mindful to not hurt your partner. No aerials on the dance floor
- Be aware of your own personal hygiene and considerate when choosing your clothing.
- Be considerate of the personal boundaries of others. Do not touch anyone without consent and apologize if you accidentally touch someone inappropriately.
- Be mindful of the appropriateness of your language.
- Be respectful of our staff. Enter the venue through the front door. Do not sneak into our dance events. Anyone caught sneaking in will be escorted out and may face a permanent ban.
Reporting Harassment, Concerns, and Comments
• Contact an organizer directly:
—- Desi Brown: 505-256-0668 or CLICK HERE FOR EMAIL
—- Seth Grant: 505-710-3840 or CLICK HERE FOR EMAIL
—- Gil Sanchez
• Call or Text 505-710-3840
• Email: email@example.com
• Use “The Comment Box” located at the entrance.
• In person, contact a staff member or instructor on any Tuesday between 7pm and 10:30pm. Staff members are usually located at the DJ booth.
Staff members and organizers are located at the DJ booth during the dance.
• Contact any of our associated dance event organizers:
—- John Vigil (Burque Blues): CONTACT
—- Silke (Santa Fe Swing): CLICK HERE FOR EMAIL
- No forms of harassment will be tolerated. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body type, race, OR religion), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of workshops or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
- Sexual language and imagery in social situations is not appropriate for any event venue, including dances, workshops, competitions, Twitter, Facebook, and other online media.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of event staff immediately, using one of the methods above.
- Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the The Calming Four Organizers.
- Do not treat our dance as a pick-up joint. Anyone engaging in this type of behavior will not be welcome at our dance.
Our weekly Tuesday night swing dance is held at the Height Community Center, a City of Albuquerque facility. There is absolutely no alcoholic beverages allowed in the Heights Community Center. Anyone bringing any alcohol, or any other drugs, into the Heights Community Center will be escorted out.
No firearms or other weapons are welcome at Tuesday Night Swing Dance or any Calming Four event.
Dance and Event Etiquette